From the 7th of January, the ski lifts of South Tyrol will join others in resuming operations. We are thus working hard on the safety plans that will allow a danger-free ski holiday with regard to COVID-19. And we are looking very much forward to this, as the snow-topped peaks and slopes that surround us are so inviting for winter sports.
The key measures that will affect you as a guest are as follows. The details on how this will all be implemented smoothy are currently being worked out:
- Ski passes can be purchased online. This will avoid the need for unnecessary crowds and queues.
- Only a limited number of guests will be allowed into each ski area each day.
- Access to lifts and cable cars will be monitored by trained personnel. The general safety distance of one meter will be enforced, maintained via appropriate queue management.
- Passengers must wear surgical face masks on the lift and in the gondola.
- Chair lifts are in regular operation, but the closed cable cars and gondolas will be reduced to 50% of their usual passenger capacity.
- Cabins and shared areas will be regularly disinfected and ventilated.
All together, these efforts mean that “virus-safe” skiing will be able to take place.
Our small but wonderful Gasse ski lift – a drag lift – brings with it no major COVID-19-related risks, but it does offer a way to get going on the snow and is loved by families in particular. The wintery landscape is also inviting for winter hiking, tobogganing, ski tours and of course for cross-country skiing. The Ridnaun Valley is well known among fans of Nordic skiing, both at home and abroad. Each winter, our valley is guaranteed to be covered with snow, criss-crossed with miles of perfectly maintained ski courses.
It is in keeping with this that we are looking forward to welcoming you soon!